Get Clarity on Coronavirus COVID-19
Coronavirus COVID-19 Doctor in New Orleans
Dr. Reena Mehta is a board-certified immunologist in New Orleans, LA that can help you navigate coronavirus COVID-19 and your allergy or asthma concerns.
We’ve re-opened our office in Uptown New Orleans. Please review our new safety policies before your next visit. Dr. Mehta is also providing telemedicine visits to answer your questions about COVID-19 and help you through any related health concerns. If you have a fever and lower respiratory symptoms (cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath), Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a brief telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
We are welcoming new and existing patients. If you’re an existing patient of Dr. Mehta and are scheduled for an upcoming visit, please review our new COVID-19 policies below. In accordance with CDC guidelines, we are practicing social distancing to the best of our ability. The current situation continues to change, and we will continue to update our policies as we learn more. We greatly appreciate your flexibility, and helping us keep New Orleans healthy.
Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19
Most individuals who get infected with COVID-19 will have fever (temperature greater than 100 F) and mild upper-respiratory symptoms including mild cough and nasal congestion. Individuals with mild symptoms should self-quarantine at home. Lower respiratory symptoms, such as cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath can indicate a worsening of disease. If you are experiencing such symptoms, Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a brief telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
Avoid Community Spread
There are a few simple steps you can take to help reduce the spread of coronavirus. Separation from others and frequent, thorough hand washing are key. Avoid large crowds and unnecessary errands. While you or your children may not be at risk of severe COVID-19, others in your community are.
Concerned that you or a loved one might have coronavirus or may be at risk of exposure? Schedule a telemedicine appointment to consult with Immunologist Dr. Reena Mehta.
- Pfizer-BioNTech – mRNA technology requiring two doses at least 21 days apart
- Moderna – mRNA technology requiring two doses at least 28 days apart
- Johnson & Johnson – virus vector technology requiring only a single shot
What we know about COVID vaccination continues to evolve, so we recommend that our readers also check out credible, comprehensive, and up-to-date medical sources like Yale Medicine to learn more about the different vaccines. You can also give us a call at Uptown Allergy to find out which vaccine makes the most sense for you given your medical history and potential allergies.
3rd Dose of COVID Vaccine
- Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are currently taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are currently taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (≥20 mg prednisone or equivalent per day) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
- Other conditions which cause moderate or severe immunosuppression similar to the above conditions
If any of the above apply to you, you should talk to Dr. Mehta about your condition and whether or not getting a 3rd dose of COVID vaccine is appropriate for you.
We have been keeping ourselves informed about the latest updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) during the recent months. Uptown Allergy & Asthma remains committed to keeping our patients and our team safe and healthy. Uptown Allergy & Asthma is implementing the following procedures as we re-open our office. We are accepting appointments from new and existing patients for both in-person or telemedicine appointments at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Social Distancing Policies
In accordance with CDC guidelines, we are practicing social distancing to the best of our ability.
- We are spacing out patient appointments to limit the number of patients in our office at a time.
- Every patient and staff member of Uptown Allergy will require a face mask when entering our office. We ask that patients bring their own masks.
- Patients will receive a temperature check and will be screened for fever and cough prior to receiving care.
- Due to the risk for release of forceful respiratory droplets, we are doing pulmonary function testing (spirometry) outside.
We greatly appreciate your flexibility and helping us keep New Orleans healthy.
Dr. Mehta is also providing telemedicine visits for new and existing patients for all of your health needs, including answering any questions about COVID-19 that you might have during this uncertain time. If you have a fever and respiratory symptoms (cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath), Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
- We are continuing with allergy injections at this time.
- We are taking precautions to minimize the risk of exposure. Patients will be screened for fever and cough prior to receiving care.
- We are also continuing with biologic therapy (Xolair, Dupixent, Nucala, Fasenra).
- If you would like to hold on your shots at this time, know that you can go 4 weeks without an injection without a delay in your schedule. If you resume allergy injections in 4 weeks, you will just have to repeat your last tolerated dose.
Get Clarity on COVID-19 in New Orleans
Dr. Mehta is providing telemedicine visits to answer your questions about COVID-19, allergies, and asthma and help you through any health concerns that you might have during this uncertain time. Dr. Mehta has a reputation for developing strong relationships with her patients and being exceptionally attentive to their needs and concerns.
Call us anytime, M-F, 8am-5pm.
Saturday appointments available upon request.
Click Here to Book Online
Put time on our calendar. Schedule an appointment using our online booking page.
Email us or use the
contact form below and we'll coordinate your visit.
You can also use this contact form for general inquiries.