New Location: We've moved! Uptown Allergy & Asthma is now seeing patients at our new location at 2620 Jena Street (right next door to our old location!). We look forward to seeing you in our new space.
Get Clarity on Coronavirus COVID-19
Coronavirus COVID-19 Doctor in New Orleans
Dr. Reena Mehta is a board-certified immunologist in New Orleans, LA that can help you navigate coronavirus COVID-19 and your allergy or asthma concerns.Dr. Mehta is continuing to provide telemedicine visits to answer your questions about COVID-19 and help you through any related health concerns. If you have a fever and lower respiratory symptoms (cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath), Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a brief telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19
Most individuals who get infected with COVID-19 will have fever (temperature greater than 100 F) and mild upper-respiratory symptoms including mild cough and nasal congestion. Individuals with mild symptoms should self-quarantine at home. Lower respiratory symptoms, such as cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath can indicate a worsening of disease. If you are experiencing such symptoms, Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a brief telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
Avoid Community Spread
- Pfizer-BioNTech – mRNA technology requiring two doses at least 21 days apart
- Moderna – mRNA technology requiring two doses at least 28 days apart
- Johnson & Johnson – virus vector technology requiring only a single shot
3rd Dose of COVID Vaccine
- Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are currently taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are currently taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (≥20 mg prednisone or equivalent per day) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
- Other conditions which cause moderate or severe immunosuppression similar to the above conditions
Get Clarity on COVID-19 in New Orleans
Call us anytime,
Click Here to Book Online
Put time on our calendar. Schedule an appointment using our online booking page.
Email us or use the
contact form below and we'll coordinate your visit.
You can also use this contact form for general inquiries.