Get Clarity on Coronavirus COVID-19
Coronavirus COVID-19 Doctor in New Orleans
Dr. Reena Mehta is a board-certified immunologist in New Orleans, LA that can help you navigate coronavirus COVID-19 and your allergy or asthma concerns.
We’ve recently re-opened our office in Uptown New Orleans. Please review our new safety policies before your next visit. Dr. Mehta is also providing telemedicine visits to answer your questions about COVID-19 and help you through any health concerns that you might have during this uncertain time. If you have a fever and lower respiratory symptoms (cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath), Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a brief telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
We are welcoming new and existing patients. If you’re an existing patient of Dr. Mehta and are scheduled for an upcoming visit, please review our new COVID-19 policies below. In accordance with CDC guidelines, we are practicing social distancing to the best of our ability. The current situation continues to change, and we will continue to update our policies as we learn more. We greatly appreciate your flexibility, and helping us keep New Orleans healthy.
Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19
Most individuals who get infected with COVID-19 will have fever (temperature greater than 100 F) and mild upper-respiratory symptoms including mild cough and nasal congestion. Individuals with mild symptoms should self-quarantine at home. Lower respiratory symptoms, such as cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath can indicate a worsening of disease. If you are experiencing such symptoms, Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a brief telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
Avoid Community Spread
There are a few simple steps you can take to help reduce the spread of coronavirus. Separation from others and frequent, thorough hand washing are key. Avoid large crowds and unnecessary errands. While you or your children may not be at risk of severe COVID-19, others in your community are.
Concerned that you or a loved one might have coronavirus or may be at risk of exposure? Schedule a telemedicine appointment to consult with Immunologist Dr. Reena Mehta.
We have been keeping ourselves informed about the latest updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) during the recent months. Uptown Allergy & Asthma remains committed to keeping our patients and our team safe and healthy. Uptown Allergy & Asthma is implementing the following procedures as we re-open our office. We are accepting appointments from new and existing patients for both in-person or telemedicine appointments at this time. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Social Distancing Policies
In accordance with CDC guidelines, we are practicing social distancing to the best of our ability.
- We are spacing out patient appointments such that there is only one patient in our office at a time.
- We ask that patients call us when they are in the parking lot, and we will meet you out front of the building when we’re ready for you.
- Every patient and staff member of Uptown Allergy will require a face mask when entering our office. We ask that patients bring their own masks.
- Patients will receive a temperature check and will be screened for fever and cough prior to receiving care.
- Due to the risk for release of forceful respiratory droplets, we are not providing pulmonary function testing (spirometry) at this time.
We greatly appreciate your flexibility and helping us keep New Orleans healthy.
Dr. Mehta is also providing telemedicine visits for new and existing patients for all of your health needs, including answering any questions about COVID-19 that you might have during this uncertain time. If you have a fever and respiratory symptoms (cough, chest congestion, or shortness of breath), Dr. Mehta can provide rapid screening for you in a telemedicine visit, and help you determine if you should be tested for coronavirus.
- We are continuing with allergy injections at this time. Shot appointments must be scheduled in advance. We are not accepting walk-ins.
- We are taking precautions to minimize the risk of exposure. Patients will be screened for fever and cough prior to receiving care. Please call our office to schedule your appointment for allergy injections.
- We are also continuing with biologic therapy (Xolair, Dupixent, Nucala, Fasenra). Patients on biologic therapy are advised to call us to discuss a plan to receive these injections.
- If you would like to hold on your shots at this time, know that you can go 4 weeks without an injection without a delay in your schedule. If you resume allergy injections in 4 weeks, you will just have to repeat your last tolerated dose.
Get Clarity on COVID-19 in New Orleans
Dr. Mehta is providing telemedicine visits to answer your questions about COVID-19, allergies, and asthma and help you through any health concerns that you might have during this uncertain time. Dr. Mehta has a reputation for developing strong relationships with her patients and being exceptionally attentive to their needs and concerns.
Call us anytime, M-F, 8am-5pm.
Saturday appointments available upon request.
Click Here to Book Online
Put time on our calendar. Schedule an appointment using our online booking page.
Email us or use the
contact form below and we'll coordinate your visit.
You can also use this contact form for general inquiries.
Powered by OnChart Medical.