Get to the Bottom of Your Allergic Reactions!
Types of Allergy Testing in New Orleans
Dealing with an unknown allergic reaction? Learn about different types of allergy testing in Uptown New Orleans offered by board-certified Allergist Dr. Reena Mehta, including blood testing, skin testing, and food and drug challenges. Schedule your visit today!
“Went in to see Dr Mehta, for my 4 month old’s eczema flare ups. Within minutes she knew he had an allergy and we tested for it. Sure enough he did. She was precise – informative and just reassuring of how to manage his allergy and eczema moving forward. She honestly is the best around. So Happy I saw her when I did.“
– Shivali Narang Gupta, October 2020
Food Allergy Tests
Drug Allergy Tests
- The patient’s skin is easily irritated as a result of a severe skin condition such as psoriasis or eczema.
- A skin test is too risky to conduct due to medication that interferes with skin testing, and the patient’s medicine cannot be stopped temporarily.
- Testing with a strong allergen may cause an overwhelmingly positive reaction that results in anaphylaxis.
- A skin test must be verified due to a suspected false positive or false negative. For instance, patients who may have a food allergy to crustacean seafood (shrimp, crab, lobster, etc.) may get a false positive skin test. This is due to sensitization to dust mites, spiders, and cockroaches, which are closely related to crustaceans.
Skin Prick Allergy Test
Intradermal Allergy Test
Allergy Patch Test
Allergy Testing for Specific types of Allergies
Oral Food Challenge
Skin Test for Food Allergies
Blood Test for Food Allergies
Skin Test for Drug Allergies
Blood Test for Drug Allergies
Oral Drug Challenge
Spirometry Lung Function Test
Skin Test for Asthma
Blood Test for Asthma
Allergy Testing in New Orleans
Call us anytime, M-F, 8am-5pm.
Saturday appointments available upon request.
Click Here to Book Online
Put time on our calendar. Schedule an appointment using our online booking page.
Email us or use the
contact form below and we'll coordinate your visit.
You can also use this contact form for general inquiries.
Powered by OnChart Medical.